Saturday 25 June 2011

On Being An Exchange Student

Yay!! I'm turning into a stereotypical exchange student and running out of time/motivation to write my blog as frequently as I think I should! Of course, this is a wonderful thing, meaning I am living more in the 'real world' here rather than pining after and trying to please everyone at home, but it's also rather frustrating, because there's always that thing at the back of my mind niggling at me saying... "You really should be writing that blog post instead of reading/watching movies/sewing/playing with the kids/exploring Vienna/writing letters and emails/etc." But I know that really these things I spend mostof my time doing are MOST DEFINITELY the most important parts of my exchange and I should be doing them. But of course I feel guilty for not being Superwoman and making the time to write.

I've been rather busy since I last wrote but I don't want to reflect over every single little detail of what I did (eg. I went here with these people and it was fun and then we did this and that etc.) so I'll just say: I've been shopping a few times (shopping in Vienna can be lots of fun, although can also be VERY expensive - which I try my best to avoid), I've been out with a bunch of other exchange students a few times, I've had a couple of concerts for band and also one for school, and I've been on a big hiking trip with another couple exchange students! Plus of course the ever-impending school - but on a happy note there: THIS WEEK IS THE LAST WEEK BEFORE TWO MONTHS OF HOLIDAYS!! And from Monday to Wednesday I'll be going on a camp (to Gallien [yes I know all the info's in German, but you get the general idea]), which will hopefully give me the chance to finally become closer to some of my classmates outside of a school environment. Which reminds me - I really need to write about my CURRENT school. Oh well. Sometime...

Anyway, this really was just a short post to let you know I'm alive and happy and busily spending my life as an exchange student. I'll leave you with a number of photos of my family :)

Me being squashed by Theo (and Carl)

This is what baking is about really...

Super roller-blading Mum! - Along the Danube

The gorgeous Freya

The boys (Theo, Carl) - we go for bike rides together in the forest (this is on the way)

Child's fashion

Like Father, like son?

Just an average story-time... :)

2 comments:

  1. nawww those photoes are soo cute, nut i get waht you mean about not updating the blog, it took me about a week to write my last post because i was always ooff doing different things, but its awesome being a happy exchange student - love you xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks awesome! and those photos r super cute! hope ur having an awesome time! cant wait til u get back to catch up with u!!!

    ReplyDelete