Tuesday 7 June 2011

Five And A Video

It's been a crazy hectic few weeks and it's getting harder and harder to find the time and motivation to write blog posts up! I know they don't need to be as comprehensive as I make them, but that's just me. I don't feel like I've done anything particularly note-worthy since I last wrote except for these three things:

1. I went with Nine to Krems to check out a potential host family for one of the inbound students coming in December. The son of the family (16) is going to Canada on exchange later this year and it was fascinating for me to see the excitement of the whole family. In so many ways I just wanted to say "YES! You'll have an amazing time, but it's not all perfect, it's the hardest thing you'll ever do! Lose all your expectations!!" and it made me realise how far I've already come. More on that in a bit. It was really interesting for me to see the process of how host familys are 'scanned' though, and the total excitement felt by them.
2. I had the Spring Concert with my Musikkapelle on the Sunday 29th of May which was an incredible experience but very overwhelming at the same time. I WILL write more about Musikkapelle soon!
3. From 2nd June - 4th June I had my HALF WAY SEMINAR with all the other exchange students (for whom it was the Re-Entry Seminar) in Austria from my organisation, even though it's not quite half a year. The five month mark is today - 150 days exactly and I'm actually rather amazed! I've been through so much and I can't decide if it's past ridiculously fast or slow.

I was planning to write one of my hugely long, usual posts, but one of my new best friends Molly made a video which just sums up how I feel right now. She's the exchange student from America who came in August last year, and is leaving soon. So all I can do is put that here because it's the best way to describe how I'm feeling.


P.S. I may have been a little crazy on the weekend. Yes I laugh at snail sex and dance like an idiot. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment